Santan Saptami fast is done for the purpose of getting children and protecting them. It is believed that due to the effect of Santan Saptami Vrat Katha, all the troubles and troubles of the child are removed. Mothers keep the fast of Santana Saptami for the long life of their children.
This fast is celebrated on the Saptami day of Shukla Paksha of Bhado month according to the Hindi calendar. It is also called Lalita Saptami. Every year there is a different day for the date of celebrating the child Saptami.
Santan Saptami Vrat Katha
Women observe this fast for the desire to have a son. This fast is done for the purpose of removing all the sorrows and troubles of the child. Women observe this fast for the safety of the child with full compliance. This fast is observed by both the men, that is, the parents together for the happiness of the child.
Santan Saptami Vrat Katha Puja Vidhi
On the seventh day of Bhadrapada Shukla Paksha, after getting up early in the morning and taking bath, parents start this fast to get children or for their bright future.
- If the worship of this fast is completed by noon, then it is considered good.
- After bathing in the morning, wearing clean clothes, Vishnu, Shiva and Parvati are worshipped.
- The statue of Lord Shiva Parvati is placed on it by making a square in the afternoon.
- After bathing that idol, sandalwood paste is applied. Akshat, Shri Phal (coconut), betel nut are offered. Bhog is offered by lighting the lamp.
- Taking a pledge to protect the child, a string is tied to Lord Shiva.
- Later this thread is tied around the wrist of their child after reciting Santan Saptami Vrat Katha.
- Light a lamp and prepare aarti plate in which turmeric, kumkum, rice, camphor, flowers, Kalava etc. should be kept.
- Now tie 7 sweet puris in a banana leaf and keep it in worship and offer Kalava to Lord Shiva while praying for the protection and progress of the child.
- On this day, offerings of Kheer, Puri are offered in Bhog. Keeping a Tulsi leaf in the bhog, rotating it thrice with water and placing it in front of the Lord.
- Aarti is performed with family members. Keeping the head in front of God, it is said that the wishes of his mind are from him.
- Santan Saptami Vrat Katha can also be observed by both the parents to wish for their children.
- After worshiping, read or listen to the story of Santana Saptami by offering incense, lamp, Navaidya and later worship the book of the story.
- To break the fast, eat seven sweet puris or puas offered in worship and break your fast.
- Later that bhog is distributed in the form of prasad to all the family members and the neighborhood.
Importance of Santan Saptami Vrat Katha
The importance of listening to the story after worship is found in all Hindu fasts. If the husband and wife listen to the story of the Saptami fast together, it is considered more effective. Shri Krishna had mentioned this fast in front of Yudhishthira. He told that Lomesh Rishi had told his parents (Devaki Vasudev) the importance of observing this fast. The sons of Mother Devaki were killed by Kansa, due to which there was a burden of child mourning on the life of the parents, due to which they were asked to observe the fast of the child Saptami.
Benefits of Santan Saptami Vrat Katha
- If a childless couple observes this fast, then they get virtuous and knowledgeable children.
- By observing the fast of 'Lalita Saptami', one gets rid of old and chronic diseases.
- Gets relief from neurological diseases.
- Skin diseases are cured by not eating salt while fasting on Saptami.
- Suryadev is pleased by observing this fast.
- If the Sun is painful in the horoscope, then there is peace for them.
- By fasting on Saptami, there is an increase in prestige, position and prestige.
- With the effect of this fast, the defects related to the Sun in the horoscope end.
- If there are Rahu-Ketu or other corrupt planets with Sun in the horoscope, then it gives trouble. The effect of the malefic planets ends with this fast.
- This fast must be observed for the attainment of wealth and happiness.
- By observing this fast, the age increases.
ALSO READ: मंगलवार व्रत कथा- Mangalvar Vrat Katha के पाठ से पूरी होगी मनोकामना